The Best Proxy Server Services for 2023
The Best Free and Paid Proxy Server Services
The truth is that no one is safe online, and cyberattacks have become the biggest concern for anyone with an internet connection. While internet users have access to many countermeasures for fighting these problems, it’s challenging to cope with damage control and prevention.
Modern digital businesses manage a steady stream of customer data daily. Current target audiences want to know what companies are doing with their financial details and personal data. They need assurances that businesses are capable of keeping their information safe and secure.
This is where proxy servers come into the picture.
With that in mind, here is a list of the ten best proxy server services compared based on ease of use, features, performance, price, and support.
EDITORS’ CHOICE (MAY 2023)
Top 10 proxy servers
Here’s my list of the top ten proxy servers available, complete with individual pricing plans and specific features to consider.
- Smartproxy Best server overall
- IPRoyal 4G mobile proxy features
- NetNut Great stability and speed
- PrivateProxy Good price-to-quality ratio
- Proxy-Seller Best datacenter proxy
- HMA Top anonymous browsing server
- Hide.me An excellent bundle of features
- Bright Data Good for bulk operations
- Rayobyte Low price
- Oxylabs Best data scraping proxy
Smartproxy — Best server overall
Smartproxy is the best proxy service solution for both business and residential use. This company offers global connectivity, anonymous browsing, encrypted traffic, and back-connect proxies ideal for online tasks such as web scraping and data gathering.
Smartproxy services and features like mimicking natural human behavior make it virtually impossible for target websites and ISPs to detect your presence and block or ban your activities. You can deploy simultaneous proxy connections, access geo-restricted content, scrape websites, and harvest data without interruptions.
- Eight locations and 195 servers worldwide – access a pool of more than 40 million IPs.
- Unlimited proxy connections – get global access to geo-restricted services.
- Sneaker proxies – deploy large-scale sneaker copping operations.
- Datacenter proxies – 100K datacenter proxies for fast and reliable access worldwide.
- Dedicated DC proxies – US access to infrastructure for assigning private datacenter IPs.
Plans and pricing
Smartproxy offers pricing plans for residential, datacenter, dedicated DC, and residential reseller proxies.
- Pay As You Go $12.5/1GB
Micro ($80/month/8GB), Starter ($225/month/25GB), Regular ($400/month/50GB), Advanced plan for enterprises ($700/month/100GB).
Smartproxy’s residential proxies offer unlimited threads, unthrottled internet connections, 30-minute sticky IP sessions, and a three-day money-back guarantee.
- Nimble $30 per month/50GB
Foxy ($55/month/100GB), Clever ($160/month/300GB), Sharp ($500/month/1TB), Savvy for enterprises ($950/month/2TB).
Get access to hundreds of subnets, 100K rotating IPs, ultra-fast connection, 24/7 customer support, easy setup, and more.
Dedicated DC Proxies
- Teeny $3 per month/3 IPs
Tiny ($40/month/20 IPs), Mini ($95/month/50 IPs), General ($170/month/100 IPs), Main ($320/month/200 IPs), Normal for enterprises ($750/month/500 IPs).
Dedicated DC proxies come with various features such as IP randomization, access to private and static IP addresses, unlimited GBs, connections, and threads, IP replacement, and responsive customer support.
Unlimited Residential Reseller Proxies
- Hustler $1,000 per month/100GB
Dealer ($2,250/month/250GB), Boss ($4,000/month/500GB), Kingpin ($7,000/month/1TB).
Reseller plans provide access to more than 40 million real IPs, including HTTPS and IPv4 addresses in more than 195 locations, 30-minute sticky sessions, and advanced rotation for global network access.
IPRoyal — 4G mobile proxy features
IPRoyal is among the most trusted proxy server services available on the web. Its selection of sneaker proxies, automatic IP rotation, and extensive network coverage through servers worldwide make it an excellent solution for bypassing geo-restrictions and accessing restricted content.
However, what makes IPRoyal proxies stand out is the 4G mobile proxy feature. Powered by residential IPs and real user devices from cellular networks, dedicated 4G mobile proxies excel at unlocking geo-blocked content without detection, blacklisting, or a ban.
IPRoyal proxy servers offer a top solution for SEO optimization, competitor and market research, pricing comparison, and web scraping.
- Automatic IP rotation – access to a global IP pool for 99% uptime, data scraping, and more.
- Time-based sticky IPs – access to millions of sticky IPs for up to 24 hours.
- Dedicated 4G mobile proxy network – reduce the risk of detection and blocking.
- A pool of IPs – access to more than two million IP addresses.
- Enhanced security features – HTTPS with end-to-end encryption, multiple authentications, and the SOCKS5 security protocol enhance security while processing data.
Plans and pricing
IPRoyal offers four pricing plans: Residential Proxies, Datacenter Proxies, Sneaker Proxies, and Static Residential Proxies.
With more than 180 locations worldwide, anonymous and secure IPRoyal residential proxies allow you to target states and cities using sticky IPs and automatic IP rotation.
- IPv4 5 Proxies – $7.50 per month
- IPv4 50 Proxies – $70 per month
- IPv4 100 Proxies – $130 per month
- IPv6 10 Proxies – $4 per month
- IPv6 20 Proxies – $6 per month
- IPv6 50 Proxies – $10 per month
With API access, SOCKS5 security, and unlimited bandwidth, IPRoyal datacenter proxies are ideal for business users looking for maximum uptime. You get access to more than two million IPs, ready to deploy in seconds. Clients have two options – IPv4 or IPv6.
Get access to the best fashion and sneaker websites without restrictions and make bulk purchases without an IP ban.
Static Residential Proxies
Static residential proxies are excellent for ensuring maximum uptime, super-fast media streaming, data harvesting, online shopping worldwide, and banking. They provide extra security and protection, including access to top-grade ISP providers, SOCKS5 security, and unlimited bandwidth.
NetNut — Great stability and speed
NetNut is a top-class proxy server provider for internet users looking for maximum uptime, unlimited simultaneous connections, fast connectivity, and responsive customer support. The company offers three proxy types, all perfect for scalable data scraping, gathering operations, and market research.
With a browser extension for Google Chrome and a user-friendly setup, getting started with NetNut is extremely straightforward. NetNut provides solutions for global geo-targeting for any city or country. You can launch large-scale data scraping operations on an unlimited number of websites.
- Global DiviNetworks ISPs – over 100 premium internet service providers offer access to millions of residential IPs.
- Unlimited concurrent connections – international data gathering via a dynamic P2P proxy network.
- A pool of datacenter, residential, and rotating IPs – access to 110K datacenter IPs, 20+ million residential IPs, and more than a million static residential IPs.
- High-speed connectivity – 100Gbps bandwidth capacity.
- Global geo-targeting – scrape websites in any location worldwide.
Plans and pricing
NetNut offers several pricing plans for US Datacenter Proxies, Rotating Residential Proxies, and Static Residential (ISP) Proxies.
US Datacenter Proxies
- Starter $20 – 20GB/30 days
Advanced ($45/50GB/30 days), Production ($80/100GB/30 days), Semi-Pro ($185/250GB/30 days), Professional ($350/500GB/30 days), Master ($500/1TB/30days).
All US Datacenter Proxies plans include unlimited connections, email, and live support (except Starter). These are excellent solutions for ensuring maximum uptime, global geo-targeting, enhanced security, and more.
Rotating Residential Proxies
- Starter $300 -20GB/30 days
Advanced ($600/50GB/30 days), Production ($800/100GB/30 days), Semi-Pro ($1625/250GB/30 days), Professional ($2,500/500GB/30 days), Master ($4,000/1TB/30days).
Rotating residential proxies offer global coverage, session and rotation support, and unlimited concurrent requests from more than 20 million residential IPs. You can create a dynamic P2P proxy network to gather data from any source on the web.
Static Residential Proxies
- Starter $350 – 20GB/30 days
Advanced ($750/50GB/30 days), Production ($1,000/100GB/30 days), Semi-Pro ($2,000/250GB/30 days), Professional ($3,250/500GB/30 days), Master ($5,000/1TB/30days).
Static residential proxies allow users to tap into the power of the global DiviNetworks and gain access to more than 100 internet service providers worldwide. Aside from global access, users also receive 100Gbps bandwidth capacity, enhanced traffic security, and 24/7 IP availability.
PrivateProxy — Good price-to-quality ratio
PrivateProxy should be your first choice if you’re interested in top-grade rotating and static IPs, affordable pricing plans, and excellent customer support. This company provides SSL, IPv4, HTTP, residential, dedicated, datacenter, and static proxies at the most affordable prices.
Their selection of proxies is ideal for multiple use cases, such as fraud prevention, lead generation, local SEO, price comparison, streaming, scraping eCommerce websites, accessing social network content, and more.
PrivateProxy stands out from other proxy service providers because they offer individual consultations for every client to tailor services according to their needs.
- Datacenter static proxies – the latest protocols for complying with data security standards.
- Residential proxies – global access for large-scale scraping operations, improving local SEO, lead generation, and more.
- Backconnect rotating proxies – ideal for fraud prevention, brand monitoring, and competition research.
- Datacenter rotating proxies – exclusive access to private APIs for scraping, programming tools, and more.
- HTTP proxies – TCP connections, content filter, and cybersecurity protection.
Plans and pricing
PrivateProxy offers a diverse pricing structure for thirteen types of proxies. The company also offers special deals and a seven-day free trial.
- $4.05 per month
3 static private proxies.
This pricing plan provides proxies in multiple locations, unlimited bandwidth and connections, instant activation, and more.
- Newbie $9 per month – 3 static proxies
Amateur ($15/month/5proxies), Starter ($29/month/13proxies), Professional ($59/month/30proxies), Business ($99/month/50proxies), Corporate ($180/month/100proxies), Enterprise ($525/month/300proxies), Jedi ($1500/month/1,000proxies)
Datacenter proxies are perfect for monitoring brand image and reputation and improving your local SEO, among many other things.
- Datacenter Rotating – starts at $59 per month
- Residential Rotating – starts at $150 per month
Assign a new IP for each new request and unlock content in any location worldwide. Get 24/7 customer support and consultation from professional IT consultants on demand.
Proxy-Seller — Best datacenter proxy
Proxy-Seller is an excellent proxy service provider if you’re looking for affordability and versatility. Although this provider only offers datacenter proxies, its dynamic performance, ease of use, and selection of IPv4, IPv6, and SOCKS proxies are astonishing.
Clients have various options to choose from. You can select a seven-day free trial to test one or several proxies or opt for one of several fully customizable pricing plans. When you add responsive 24/7 customer support and several ways to contact them into the mix, it’s clear that Proxy-Seller is an ideal proxy provider.
- Proxy servers in 20 locations – access a datacenter proxy network in 20 countries.
- Enhanced security protocols – HTTPS, HTTP, and SOCKS5.
- Two-method authentication – IP and username/password verification.
- Subnets – over 350 networks and 900 subnets.
- Mobile 4G proxies – dynamic IPs, SOCKS5 and HTTPS connections, unlimited traffic, and more.
Plans and pricing
Proxy-Seller doesn’t offer a standard pricing structure. Instead, clients can choose a proxy in more than 20 different countries. The price per proxy ranges from $0.83 to $2.67, depending on the country. Rental periods range from one week to 12 months. Clients have two options – IPv4 or IPv6.
- Starts at $0.82/proxy
US – $1.07/proxy
US – $0.08/proxy
Mobile Proxy LTE
- Starts at $15/proxy
US – $35/proxy
HMA — Top anonymous browsing server
HMA stands for HideMyAss – a free, user-friendly, affordable, and reliable VPN and proxy service provider. HMA is an excellent solution for internet users looking for unlimited bandwidth.
It provides essential IP leak protection for enhanced browsing privacy and a web-based proxy browser for downloading files, data mining, web browsing, and more.
It has servers in six countries, including the UK and the US. With HMA, users can bypass geo-restrictions and access blocked websites worldwide.
- Anonymous web browser – surf the web without websites detecting your IP address.
- URL encryption – hide your IP for enhanced privacy and security online.
- Unrestricted bandwidth – increase your internet connection speed while harvesting data from the web.
- VPN – secure your online traffic, encrypt data, hide and rotate IPs, and more.
Plans and pricing
HMA offers a free proxy service.
- Free of charge
Hide.me — An excellent bundle of features
Hide.me is one of the most versatile proxy service providers on our list. This company offers all of the top-grade features, including zero ads, for a better user experience. Ease of use is also one of its advantages.
All you need to get started with Hide.me is a Firefox or Google Chrome extension. The extension has a built-in browser tool for eliminating annoying add-ons. Unlike similar vendors, Hide.me doesn’t record logs on user activity, ensuring each user receives maximum protection. Additionally, this vendor offers SOCKS5 proxies for free.
- Free SOCKS5 – top internet speeds ensure fast media streaming and gaming.
- BitTorrent support – unlimited downloads through a fast and secure P2P file-sharing network.
- WebRTC – IP leak protection.
- Limitless bandwidth – unlimited browsing for free.
- Auto connection – seamlessly switch between proxy servers according to your needs.
Plans and pricing
Hide.me offers free access to SOCKS5 proxies and a private proxy browser for bypassing geo-blocks.
- Free of charge
Bright Data — Good for bulk operations
With Bright Data, clients get a reliable, trustworthy proxy service for managing bulk operations online, such as data mining, scraping, and harvesting. This company offers you access to features such as website unblocking tools, proxy managers, and mobile IPs.
Another perk is their flexible pricing structure. You can pay for the features you use, and there’s a seven-day free trial for testing the proxy service. There’s also a walkthrough guide of the available features with snippet previews, so that you know what to expect.
- Application programming interface (API) – develop custom applications compatible with Shell, C#, Node.js, and Java.
- Google Chrome extension – tap into flexible proxy management with Bright Data cloud manager.
- Search engine crawler – enable real-time data collection by scraping websites on search engines like DuckDuckGo, Yahoo, Bing, and Google.
- Data unblocker – bypass geo-restrictions and unlock content anywhere with 72 million real-user IPs.
- Mobile 3G/4G proxies – additional seven million residential IPs give you global access.
Plans and pricing
Bright Data offers five pricing plans.
Pay As You Go
- Datacenter proxies
$0.80/IP + $0.110/GB
- Residential proxies
- ISP proxies
$0.50/IP + $15.00/GB
- Mobile proxies
- $500 per month
The Starter plan includes:
- Datacenter proxies – $0.80/IP + $0.083/GB
- Residential proxies – $11.25/GB
- ISP proxies – $0.50/IP + $11.25/GB
- Mobile proxies – $30.00/GB
- $1,000 per month
The Advanced plan includes:
- Datacenter proxies – $0.56/IP + $0.077/GB
- Residential proxies – $10.05/GB
- ISP proxies – $0.50/IP + $10.05/GB
- Mobile proxies – $28.00/GB
- $2,000 per month
The Advanced+ plan includes:
- Datacenter proxies – $0.52/IP + $0.072/GB
- Residential proxies – $9.75/GB
- ISP proxies – $0.50/IP + $9.75/GB
- Mobile proxies – $26.00/GB
- Custom pricing
The Enterprise plan allows you to set a custom price per GB. It includes a free proxy manager, premium SLA, data management and support, and unlimited scale.
Rayobyte — Low price
Rayobyte (formerly Blazing SEO) provides proxy services and solutions for residential and corporate internet users at affordable prices. This provider is the best option for securing new, unused, cost-effective IPs and rotating, sneaker, semi-dedicated, and dedicated proxies.
This company allows you to test up to five proxies for two days for free. Aside from multiple proxy types, it also offers mobile proxies, an Enterprise proxy service, and a web scraper. Clients can contact customer support 24/7 via live chat.
- Multiple types of proxies – ISP, mobile, residential, and datacenter proxies (dedicated, rotating, shared).
- Global network access – proxy servers in 30 locations.
- Web scraper – easy proxy management for web scraping.
- Anti-scraping protection – avoid honeypot traps, CAPTCHAs, and other anti-scraping mechanisms.
- Unlimited threads – send unique requests with new IPs.
Plans and pricing
Rayobyte offers four pricing plans.
- Starts at $1.00/IP
The Starter plan includes 5-99 proxy IPs at the following pricing structure:
- Dedicated ($2.50/IP)
- Rotating ($3.75/IP)
- Semi-dedicated ($1.00/IP)
- ISP proxies ($5.00/IP)
- Starts at $0.85/IP
The Personal plan includes 100-999 proxies at the following prices:
- Dedicated ($2.13/IP)
- Rotating ($3.19/IP)
- Semi-dedicated ($0.85/IP)
- ISP proxies ($4.80/IP)
- Starts at $0.75/IP
The Corporate plan includes 1,000-4,999 customizable proxies. Here’s the pricing:
- Dedicated ($1.88/IP)
- Rotating ($2.81/IP)
- Semi-dedicated ($0.75/IP)
- ISP proxies ($4.60/IP)
- Custom pricing
The Enterprise plan provides access to more than 5,000 customizable proxies and an opportunity to save up to 30% on additional services. Contact the company to receive a quote.
Oxylabs — Best data scraping proxy
Oxylabs is arguably the best proxy service provider for small and mid-sized businesses. With over 100 million IPs under its belt, this company offers global coverage for performing corporate tasks such as web scraping, competitor monitoring, marketing intelligence, pricing comparison, market research, SEO, and more.
Their range of server proxies is impressive. While Oxylabs offers everything that you need to scrape the web and gather data, those services come with a high price tag. Thankfully, the company provides structured pricing plans that allow you to expand your service by adding new features.
- Scraper API – over 100 million IPs allow you to gather parsed data from scraped websites worldwide.
- SOCKS5 – add extra security to your custom protocols and programs.
- Unlimited simultaneous connections – launch geo-targeted bulk scraping operations without restrictions.
- Cyberattack prevention – detect cyber threats with datacenter proxies, identify counterfeit products, avoid malicious attacks, and more.
- IP switching – a proxy rotator makes proxy management as straightforward as possible.
Plans and pricing
Oxylabs offers pricing plans for residential, next-gen residential, shared, dedicated, mobile, and rotating ISP proxies.
- Shared datacenter proxies – $100 per month
- Dedicated datacenter proxies – $180 per month
- Residential proxies – $300 per month
- Next-gen residential proxies – $360 per month
- Mobile proxies – $500 per month
- Rotating ISP proxies – $340 per month
Starter plans for all proxies include extended scraping sessions, country-level targeting, 99% uptime, 24/7 live support, AI and ML-based scraping solutions, and more.
- Shared datacenter proxies – $200 per month
- Dedicated datacenter proxies – $800 per month
- Residential proxies – $600 per month
- Next-gen residential proxies – $750 per month
- Mobile proxies – $1100 per month
- Rotating ISP proxies – $700 per month
Business plans offer more traffic, live support, dedicated account managers, automatic IP rotations, and more.
- $300 per month
Shared datacenter proxies only.
Manage your shared datacenter proxies from a user-friendly dashboard and receive up to 600GB of traffic, unlimited scraping sessions, and more.
- Shared datacenter proxies – $500 per month
- Dedicated datacenter proxies – $1500 per month
- Residential proxies – $900 per month
- Next-gen residential proxies – $1,150 per month
- Mobile proxies – $2,000 per month
- Rotating ISP proxies – $1,100 per month
Corporate plans are ideal for corporate users looking for unlimited scraping sessions for multiple targets worldwide. Tap into a vast and reliable IP pool with 24/7 customer support.
- Shared datacenter proxies – $1,100 per month
- Dedicated datacenter proxies – $6,000 per month
- Residential proxies – $5,000 per month
- Next-gen residential proxies – $6,000 per month
- Mobile proxies – $11,000 per month
- Rotating ISP proxies – $6,000 per month
Top proxy speeds, expanding proxy network, automatic IP rotation, geo-targeting, and ISP IPs are only some of the perks offered by the Enterprise plan.
How to choose a web proxy
Since there are so many proxy options, here are several tips to help you to choose the best web proxy for your needs.
Assess your needs
The type of web proxy that you choose depends on your specific needs. Assess your project scope and select a proxy service provider with the best features.
Types of proxies
While there are many different proxies, some are more prominent and offer applications more suitable for everyday use, such as real-user mimicking, added security, bypassing geo-restrictions, and web scraping.
Top proxy types include:
Top proxy types include:
- Residential proxies – real-user mimicking;
- Dedicated proxies – perfect for enhancing business security;
- Datacenter proxies – faster data request response and complete anonymity;
- Shared proxies – cost-effective solutions for bypassing geo-restrictions and web scraping; and
- Semi-dedicated proxies – ideal for accessing social media websites.
Free vs. paid options
We recommend avoiding free proxies, especially if you’re a business owner. While they may look like perfect solutions, they lack critical features and often share your log activities with third parties. Premium proxies excel at privacy, security, safety, and features.
Check user reviews
User reviews can help you to determine the best proxy service for your needs. Checking user reviews can tell you a lot about a proxy service provider.
They contain pertinent information and real-life experiences of people who have tried and tested multiple proxies.
List all the features
While most people look at the price when choosing a service, you should also examine the range of features.
You need a proxy provider that offers top features such as unlimited traffic, multiple server locations, and enhanced security.
Compare the features with the cost to see how much value you get with a provider.
Best proxies for different use
Choosing the best proxies for your needs can be confusing. Since the best solution depends on your needs and specific use cases, I’ve created a short list of the best options for different purposes.
Best free option
Best for gaming
Best for small businesses
Best for streaming
Web proxies are web servers that act as intermediaries between the internet and the user. When a user sends a request to see some content online, a web proxy reroutes their request through its server and provides the wanted content.
The perk of using a web proxy is that you can mask your IP and stay anonymous online by hiding your browsing activities from third parties like ISPs, hackers, and advertisers. Proxies reroute your traffic, using servers in different locations, allowing you to remain anonymous and secure while surfing the web.
The primary purpose of web proxies is to create a secure internet connection and keep the user’s actual location and identity private.
Web proxies keep internet users safe and anonymous by creating a gateway between them and the servers on the web. This protects them against cyber threats while visiting websites.
You can build a proxy by choosing the administrative console for creating and configuring a proxy server. It only takes a few clicks and the console can configure things for you automatically, such as the protocol (SIP and HTTP are supported).
Then, all that is left is to choose a proxy server template and review your proxy server.
Even though free proxy service providers offer top proxy types with loads of features, free proxies aren’t reliable, trustworthy, or secure.
You can use free proxies to enhance your online privacy, unblock geo-restricted content, and hide your IP, but you risk leaking your private information to third parties.
Most free proxy providers share your information with ISPs and other third parties.
Although proxies and VPNs do almost the same thing, they are different. Both solutions protect your identity, hide your IP, and reroute your online traffic. However, their operation modes are different.
Web proxies use raw data formats to transfer user data across the internet. While this operation mode gives the user anonymity, it can also expose their real identity.
A VPN creates a tunnel between the web and the user’s device. It encrypts the traffic, keeping the user’s information safe and secure. VPNs offer better functionalities and features than proxies, including better connectivity, reliable data encryption, and enhanced security.
This list should help you to compare some of the top proxy providers and find a suitable solution for your unique needs.
Whether you’re a business owner or a regular internet user, any of these proxy providers listed above will provide real value for your money and effort.
Most companies on my list offer a free trial and money-back guarantee. Choose wisely, test the service before you invest, and you’ll find a suitable match.