Summary. The “Blog Checker / Fifth Eye” tool comes handy when you have to check big lists of websites (URLs). It lets you preview web pages in one display without annoying copy-paste processes and mark (vote) them Yes or No.
By using this tool, you can review 100s of websites in less than an hour. It can process any web pages, but rarely some AJAX websites do not load properly, otherwise it has been successfully tested on hundreds of thousands of websites. You require Windows computer to run the tool.
Where this tool can be used?
Let’s pretend, you want to use “Broken link building” technique one day. If you haven’t heard of that technique before, it’s a tactic that involves letting a webmaster know about broken links on their site and suggesting an alternative resource on your own website. For more information read these guides – Moz guide or QuickSprout guide.
One of the recommended steps is to collect possible targets, pages with broken links on them. This can be done with the “Screaming Frog’s SEO Spider 3.3″ tool. But can you trust the list? Not always, thus you’ll have to check each URL from the list manually. Now, who wants to copy-paste each URL from the Excel sheet to the browser address bar? Not everyone. So that’s where our “Blog Checker / Fifth Eye” tool comes handy.
1. Open/run “!Fifth-Eye.exe” file on the Windows operating system.
2. In “Categories” tab click the “After you select the topics you click this button” button. If all links to be viewed belong to a single category, ignore and click away. If categories and subcategories of each link are of importance, in “Categories” tab above the orange button edit them, before pressing “Start” in “Settings” tab.
3. Press “Settings” tab.
4. Press “Upload TXT file with URL” button in the upper left corner and import URLs, one URL per line (including HTTP).
5. Press “Save Log file” button, it will record the exact time, category and “Yes” or “No”, depending if the link fits the manual approval process.
6. Press the “Start” button.
You can also watch this short screencast video.
- Best online tools to quickly check for broken links on your WordPress site
- Check for broken links in WordPress automatically
- Best of The Best: 10 Online Grammar and Punctuation Checker Tools 2017
- Reduce the number of HTTP requests and speed up your WordPress site
- Avoid using these hacked and dangerous WordPress plugins