Sometimes you don’t want all of your pages or posts to be shown in search results on your WordPress website. There might be different reasons for this, and whatever the reason was a trigger for you, you have probably found out that you can’t easily exclude posts and pages directly from WordPress admin.
In this article, we will show you a plugin which will do that job for you and make everything much more user friendly.
The plugin we have used for the job is Search Exclude. Using the plugin couldn’t be easier:
- Navigate to Plugins->Add New
- Search for “Search Exclude”
- Install and activate the plugin
- Go to any of your posts and pages
- On the right side panel, find a “Search Exclude” checkbox where you can decide whether you want the post/page to be excluded from your search results or not.
Once you have excluded several posts/pages, you can easily find the list of excluded items in the plugin settings (Settings->Search Exclude). On the list, you can again use the checkbox to change the status of a post/page.