Google Maps is a powerful tool which allows you to view almost any location on Earth. It includes business and contact information, driving directions and is definitely something you want on your site when you need to show a location of your business or any location of interest.
But how do you put a Google Map in your post? Fairly easy – all you have to do is follow these few steps:
- Go to Google Maps
- On top of the page you will find a search box where you have to type your desired location
- Wait for your location to load and then find a gear icon in the bottom-right corner of the page
- Click on the icon and then choose “Share or embed map”
- Choose “Embed Map” tab in your newly opened window and copy the provided code
- Paste the code in your Text editor, save or publish your post and enjoy the new map
If you notice the change in the code after publishing your post, don’t worry. WordPress will automatically convert the iframe into a shortcode.
Standard map size on Google Maps is Medium which translates to 600×450. If you don’t want to customize the code, you can change map size before copying it.
You will find already predefined sizes: small, medium and large, or you can enter your desired dimension into custom size if you want to.
It wasn’t that hard, right? Still, if you want to create maps more easily by using the power of plugin, we recommend our own 5sec Google Maps PRO plugin.