You’re about to create your new WordPress website and you are stuck on the first step – installation? Don’t worry; these few detailed steps will help you install your own WordPress manually and it won’t even take much of your time.
- To begin with, you need to download latest WordPress installation
- Once you click download button, the installation package will be saved on your computer.
- Extract files to a new folder so they’re ready for upload
- Connect to your server using provided username and password
- Select all files extracted from Installation #3 step
- Drag selected files from your computer to a “public_html” folder located on your server
- Wait for files to upload (speed will vary on your Internet connection)
Create a MySQL Database:
WordPress uses databases to manage your content so you will need to create a MySQL Database and User.
- Navigate to cPanel: http://yourdomainname.com/cpanel
- Open MySQL Databases
- Enter Database name of your choice and click button “Create database”
- Navigate to MySQL Users interface
- Enter desired username, password and click ok
Completing the installation:
This is the last step of the installation. You will need to create a configuration file, input details about database you created in step 3 and you’re ready to go.
- Open browser of your choice and navigate to http://yourdomain.com
- After you get a message about missing wp-config.php file, click on “Create a Cinfiguration File”
- Prepare the following information: database name, username, password and host
- Click “Let’s go” button
- Enter all the details about your database and click “Submit”
- If everything was correct, your installation is ready to be over
- Click “Run the Install” button
- Enter the title of your site, desired username and password for WordPress login, your e-mail address and check whether you want search engines to index your new website
- Click “Install WordPress
- Login and enjoy your new site