When there are more than just a few authors writing for your site, things become much more interesting. Not only that you’re about to have significantly increase in a number of articles, but you will also attract a broader audience to your site and have the topic covered from different points of view.
While your authors are diligently writing, you can give them extra credit by showing their statistics right in the widget. Instead of simply adding an author box on the bottom of each post, you may show authors’ avatar, the number of posts he or she has written so far, the number of view per post, etc.
To help you with that, we’re about to show you a great plugin which will set you up in minutes.
Author and Post Statistic Widget
This free plugin goes by the name of Author and Post Statistic Widget and it can be easily installed from WordPress plugin repository:
- Navigate to Plugins->Add New
- Search for “Author and Post Statistic Widget”
- Install and activate the plugin
- Navigate to Appearance -> Widgets
All you have to do now is to select one of the newly installed widgets and drop them onto your widget area.
In the free version, you get the following widgets:
- Active Users – Shows a list of authors who are active on your site. It lists usernames with link to their profiles and shows a number of published posts
- Popular Authors List – Shows a list of the most popular authors on your site and adds post and comment count next to authors’ names. You can choose date interval from which posts will be selected
- Popular Posts – Displays a list of the most popular posts. The widget shows your posts and adds a view count next to them. It allows you to choose date interval from which posts will be selected
- Popular Posts List – Display a list of the most popular posts, and next to previously mentioned view count, it also shows comment count. You can choose to show posts from last 7, 30, 90 and 365 days
- Author and Post Statistic – Shows a list of authors and all of their posts
All of the widgets can have their names changed and can be dragged around your sidebar and/or footer area (depending on your theme). Also, every widget has its own set of options which allow you to additionally customize author and post statistics. You can even add your own CSS style to change the looks of widgets and there are functions and shortcodes ready for you to use them in your everyday posts and pages.
If all of that is not enough for you, this plugin can be extended into PRO version which costs $14 -$55 and adds a number of different graphical statistics to you dashboard. PRO version also comes packed with new shortcodes which allow you to show additional statistics about your authors and posts.