Once you’ve started to write articles on your new site, more often than not you will want to link to your older content. Whether it’s an older article you want to link to, image, video or something else, you will have to find URL and manually link it to a word or a phrase.
Wouldn’t it be simpler just to use “@” symbol after which you would get an autocomplete form where all your other articles are just a letter away?
Well, yeah, it probably would and now you can do that easily with Mentionable plugin.
How to install Mentionable:
- Go to Plugins -> Add new
- In search box, type “Mentionable”
- Install and activate the plugin
- Go to Settings -> Mentionable
- Configure plugin; choose post types where you want your @mention to appear and post types which will be used for auto-completion
- Save settings
- Go to Visual Editor and start typing a new article
- When you want to mention an older post, type in “@” followed by first letters of title
- Once auto-complete option has found desired post, press enter
After you start using the plugin, you will probably be linking your older content all the way. And that’s exactly what it’s build for, so enjoy your Mentionable.