15 Astounding Amazon Web Services Statistics
Amazon is one of the leading companies in the world. It consists of numerous businesses and companies specializing in different spheres. Amazon covers numerous fields of interest, from streaming platforms to home security, TV shows, and e-book apps. One of the earliest Amazon creations (established in 2002), Amazon Web Services, may be one of the most prosperous companies.
This business is one of the most robust and fastest-growing Amazon businesses that deals with cloud products. It is one of the first companies that have introduced cloud computing systems to the world.
Read ahead if you want to discover more amazing facts about this company.
Top 15 AWS Statistics
Since Amazon Web Services is one of the oldest cloud computing companies, with a long tradition of life-changing situations. To learn more about the company, check out some interesting facts below.
1. AWS has around 50 million active websites
Amazon Web Services is currently one of the leading website owners, nearing 50 million active websites.
2. Over 23% of the top million websites use AWS
Over 23% of the internet’s top million websites use AWS for their cloud computing services.
3. Over 4 million USA websites utilize Amazon Web Services
In the USA, around 4 million websites use Amazon Web Services. To put it into perspective, you can go to Buenos Aires, give every citizen a website, and still have spare change.
4. A business leader: over 3.2 million renowned companies, such as Airbnb and Disney, use AWS
Many major companies, such as Airbnb, Adobe, Pfizer, and Disney, use AWS. The total number of companies that use this platform worldwide exceeds 3.2 million.
5. 67 million websites worldwide use Amazon’s hosting services
Around 6% of all websites worldwide use Amazon for web hosting services. That is more than 67 million websites!
6. A security geek: 1.5% of all websites that use reverse proxies love AWS
Websites that use reverse proxies want to protect their valuables from potential threats. Out of all the websites that use this proxy type, around 6% are Amazon CloudFront users, which is around 1.5% of all websites.
7. A DNS giant: 5% of all websites carry Amazon’s name
Websites need domain name services for the best performance, and Amazon is one of the most reliable providers. The fact that around 5% of all websites use Amazon as their DNS server provider proves the statement above.
8. Communication is key: Amazon is an email service provider for 0.6% of all websites
Many corporations and websites use emails as their primary source of communication. Amazon is an e-mail service provider for 0.6% of these websites.
9. In the fast lane: Amazon has a 64 million monthly traffic
Amazon has a lot of monthly traffic, but it constantly exceeds everyone’s expectations. For example, Amazon’s traffic last month exceeded 64 million.
10. Influence the influencers: websites such as Netflix, Adobe, and Reddit love Amazon’s services
Some of the most renowned websites (such as Netflix.com, Adobe.com, Europa.eu, Nih.gov, Reddit.com, Mozilla.org, Yahoo.com, etc.) use Amazon’s services.
11. A big-screen experience: Netflix is the largest Amazon customer
Although many websites use Amazon, a streaming giant is one of its largest customers. Yup, you’ve guessed it: it’s Netflix.
12. It’s Amazon’s world: it offers 99 availability zones and is available in 245 countries
Amazon Web Services has 99 availability zones, covering a mind-bending number of 245 countries and territories worldwide.
13. Half of the people in 2023 use AWS cloud services
Almost 50% of all people using the public cloud platform have run major workloads on Amazon Web Services in the current year.
14. Walking the red carpet: AWS owns 30% of the cloud computing world
AWS is the celebrity of the cloud computing world. It controls over 30% of the whole market and is a superstar in the industry.
15. As rich as Croesus: Amazon has earned around $80 billion on the cloud platform
If AWS gave $10 to everyone worldwide, they would still have some cash left. In the last year, Amazon Web Services have made $80 billion on the cloud platform.
You probably already know that Amazon is one of the biggest companies in the world. However, you may not know all the numbers and statistics. You will be surprised by the company’s success once you look closely at the incredible facts we have prepared for you.