The Best Hosting Services for Joomla Websites in 2023
As one of the leading CMS solutions, Joomla dominates the content management realm. It helps millions of users build various websites, from complex eCommerce platforms to simple blog-like forums.
If you’re thinking about launching a website, Joomla might be an excellent place to start. However, consider other details like the hardware and software, server resources, and the best methods to achieve superior website performance.
You can address all these needs by selecting a top-rated Joomla hosting provider. With that in mind, we’ve tried numerous Joomla hosting services to test their performance and features. After testing, we’ve narrowed our selection to the top seven hosting services for Joomla websites.
Read on to find out more about their services, features, and pricing plans.
Top 7 most popular hosting providers for Joomla websites
Our comprehensive list of the top Joomla website hosting providers includes service descriptions, key features, and pricing details.
SiteGround — Official Joomla hosting partner
As the official demo host provider for Joomla, SiteGround is your best option for hosting Joomla websites. Setting up SiteGround requires a few simple clicks, and creating a demo account gives you access to Joomla-specific features.
SiteGround offers everything you need to ensure your Joomla website runs smoothly. In addition, you can use a 90-day free trial to test SiteGround servers with built-in Cloudflare CDN.
- Free SSL – secure your Joomla website at the app and server level with daily backups and free SSL.
- Streamlined site management – tap into Client Area and Website tools to manage your Joomla website according to your needs.
- Domain management – access DNS and domain transfer and registration services to bring website and domain management under one platform.
SiteGround offers three web hosting plans – StartUp, GrowBig, and GoGeek.
- $4.32 per month
The StartUp plan provides hosting for one website with 10 GB of web space, free SSL, unlimited traffic, daily backups, free CDN, enhanced security, managed WordPress, enabled eCommerce options, and unlimited databases.
- $7.32 per month
In addition to StartUp features, GrowBig hosts unlimited websites with 20 GB of web space, on-demand backup copies, and 30% faster PHP.
- $11.70 per month
GoGeek includes everything in GrowBig and adds 40 GB of web space, access to white-label clients, free private DNS, top-grade web resources, and priority support.
Bluehost — Simplest installation and configuration for Joomla websites
Bluehost is a reputable web hosting service provider with affordable hosting for Joomla websites. It offers unlimited bandwidth, unlimited disk space, and access to a free domain name. In addition, clients can count on digital security features, free anti-spam solutions, and a wide variety of hosting options.
- Website templates – personalize your Joomla website according to your needs and customer preferences.
- Website security – access an all-encompassing security platform with 24/7 customer support, automated security updates, malware detection, and free SSL.
- Marketing tools – grow your Joomla website with the best SEO practices, Google-supported dashboard, and ML-powered Google Ad campaigns.
Bluehost offers three hosting plans – Standard, Enhanced, and Ultimate.
- $29.99 per month
With Standard, you get a virtual server with 2 GB of RAM, a 2-core CPU, 120 GB SSD, unlimited bandwidth, and access to cPanel, including multi-server management, advanced access control, root access, unlimited hosting for websites, and 24/7 customer support.
- $39.99 per month
Enhanced includes everything in Standard with slight differences – 4 GB RAM and 165 GB SSD.
- $69.99 per month
In addition to everything in Enhanced, you get 8 GB of RAM, a 4-core CPU, and 240 GB SSD.
A2 Hosting — Robust security and reliable speed
A2 Hosting is an ideal solution if you need assistance managing and maintaining your Joomla domains. Aside from supporting the development and growth of Joomla websites, A2 Hosting provides advanced hosting options, browser and page caching, debugging disabling, Gzip compression, and 99% uptime, including free SSL and free server migration.
- Maximum uptime – A2 optimizes your Joomla website with ultra-fast servers, top SEO practices, low bounce rates, and one-second page loads to ensure 99% uptime.
- Auto-configuration – A2 ensures the fastest web page loads, top web security, and maximum performance.
- All-around web security – get access to advanced DDoS protection, hack prevention, dual firewalls, and other security features
A2 Hosting offers four pricing plans – Startup, Drive, Turbo Boost, and Turbo Max.
- $2.99 per month
The Startup plan provides hosting for one website with SSD storage of 100 GB, site migration, unlimited data transfer, free SSL, and 24/7 customer support.
- $5.99 per month
The drive includes all Startup features and adds hosting for unlimited websites, unlimited SSD storage, free automatic backups, free A2 cloud backup, traffic spike protection, and access to unlimited databases and email accounts.
- $6.99 per month
In addition to Drive features, Turbo Boost provides faster page loads, improved conversion rates, SEO, lower bounce rates, traffic optimization, enhanced web servers, and Turbo cache.
- $14.99 per month
Turbo Max offers everything in Turbo Boost and adds access to 5x more web resources to ensure ultimate website performance.
HostGator — Excellent uptime
HostGator is the best option if you need access to the cPanel, unlimited web resources, a free domain name, free SSL, and a 99% uptime guarantee. While other hosting providers focus on the range of features they provide, HostGator emphasizes ease of use and access to unlimited web resources, which is why many clients trust the company.
- cPanel hosting control panel – take website management to the next level with a well-organized, user-friendly cPanel (one-click Joomla installer included).
- Unlimited resources – HostGator offers generous plans with unlimited bandwidth, SSD storage, email accounts, SSL certificates, and free domains.
- 24/7 customer support – solve any problem with responsive 24/7 phone and live chat support.
HostGator offers three pricing plans – Hatchling, Baby, and eCommerce.
- $2.75 per month
With Hatchling, you get access to hosting for one website with 10 GB of disk space, unlimited bandwidth, email accounts, chat support, WordPress installation, and a free domain for the first year.
- $3.50 per month
In addition to Hatchling features, Baby adds hosting for five websites with 40 GB of disk space, phone and chat support, $500 credit for Google Ads, and $100 for Microsoft Advertising.
- $7.25 per month
eCommerce includes all Baby features and adds hosting for unlimited websites and disk space, Cloudflare CDN, SSL upgrade, SEO tools, and website migration.
InMotion Hosting — Rich features
InMotion Hosting is known for responsive customer service, top-grade hosting features, and high-end website performance. Whether you need 24/7 technical support, a wide variety of hosting options, or ultra-fast loading speeds, InMotion Hosting can deliver on all ends. In addition, you get access to a maximum uptime guarantee, a 90-day money-back guarantee, and free SSL.
- Support for front-end apps – support your front-end apps with back-end tools, including GIT version control, SSH access, and more.
- Multiple data centers – get global access to data centers worldwide to address your website needs.
- SSL certificate – protect your website, user data, and transactions with automatic SSL.
InMotion Hosting offers four pricing plans – Core, Launch, Power, and Pro.
- $3.49 per month
With Core, you get access to hosting for two websites with 100 GB of SSD storage, free SSL, unlimited bandwidth, ten email accounts, advanced security, a marketing toolkit, developer-friendly hosting options, and 24/7/365 live chat support.
- $6.99 per month
Besides everything in Core, you get hosting for unlimited websites with unlimited bandwidth, NVMe SSD storage, and email accounts, including a free SSL and domain.
- $6.99 per month
Aside from Launch features, Power adds advanced caching and phone support to the bill.
- $14.99 per month
Pro includes everything in Power and adds access to pro support SLA and a dedicated IP.
GoDaddy — The best option for smaller sites
GoDaddy is a reputable site builder offering various hosting options, including Joomla hosting. You can count on affordable hosting services, an uptime guarantee, superior website performance, and ultra-fast page load times. GoDaddy is also famous for utilizing high-end, fully optimized server hardware that allows the provider to ensure you get ultimate website speed.
- Free SSL – secure your website, user data, and eCommerce transactions with encrypted connections and ensure the highest SEO rankings with an SSL certificate.
- 24/7 security – get rid of DDoS attacks, malware, and cybercrime with advanced cybersecurity protection.
- Daily backups – tap into automated daily backups to recover your entire hosting account on demand.
GoDaddy offers four pricing plans – Economy, Deluxe, Ultimate, and Maximum.
- $5.00 per month
The economy is an affordable plan for users looking for hosting for one website with 25 GB of storage and a free SSL. The plan gives you access to ten databases, unlimited bandwidth, daily backups, and a free domain.
- $7.00 per month
With Deluxe, you get hosting for ten websites with 50 GB of storage, 25 databases, and everything in the Economy plan.
- $9.00 per month
Ultimate upgrades Deluxe features with increased processing power, hosting for 25 websites, 75 GB of storage, 50 databases, five free MS365 mailboxes, and unlimited SSL.
- $14.00 per month
Maximum offers all Ultimate features and adds hosting for 50 websites with 100 GB of storage and 100 databases.
ScalaHosting — The most affordable option
ScalaHosting is the most affordable managed Joomla hosting service provider with a user-friendly user interface and various features. If you need a cost-effective Joomla hosting solution, ScalaHosting should be your number one option. It offers SSHield security protection, daily remote backups, dedicated IP addresses, and free SSL, CDN, and domain.
- PHP 8.0 – optimize website performance with the latest LiteSpeed technology and PHP 8.0 versions.
- Advanced network security – keep your website secure with SSHield security, DDoS protection, dedicated firewalls, and automatic daily backups.
- One-click Joomla launch – launch your Joomla apps with a single click and tap into a library of 400+ CMS and website builder tools.
ScalaHosting offers four pricing plans – Mini, Start, Advanced, and Entry Cloud.
- $2.95 per month
Mini provides hosting for one website with a free one-click Joomla installer, unlimited bandwidth, unlimited emails, unlimited databases, daily offsite backups, and free SSL certificates.
- $5.95 per month
Start includes everything in Mini and adds hosting for unlimited websites, real-time malware protection, and a free domain.
- $9.95 per month
In addition to everything in Start, Advanced gives you access to priority customer support (skip queue).
- $19.95 per month
Besides Advanced features, you get a dedicated IP address, blacklist monitoring, improved inbox delivery, OpenLiteSpeed caching, scalable cloud storage, website branding, and website white-labeling.
How to find the best hosting provider for your Joomla website
Since Joomla is one of the leading content management systems on the market, you have numerous Joomla hosting service providers at your fingertips. Therefore, picking just one can become quite a tedious task.
Here are the top five considerations to help you expedite the selection process.
In the internet-driven business landscape, cybersecurity should be your primary concern. We recommend choosing a hosting provider with the latest cybersecurity measures, such as SSL certificates, SSH protection, malware prevention, DDoS security, and daily data backups.
Level of performance
Joomla websites require ample web resources to run at optimal levels. That includes:
- Up-to-date PHP – we recommend choosing a hosting provider with the latest PHP 8.0 versions.
- LiteSpeed or Nginx – Joomla requires these web server technologies to optimize your site’s performance.
- PostgreSQL or MySQL – Joomla supports both databases and uses them to store website data.
Aside from performance and security, web accessibility is critical to running a responsive, visible, and easily searchable Joomla website. Choose a hosting service with 99% uptime guarantees, marketing toolkits, SEO optimization tools, ultra-fast page load times, and the lowest bounce rates.
Support for your content volume
Before you search for a hosting service that can support your Joomla website, you should estimate your content volume and your site’s size. These are the main factors that determine how much resources like bandwidth, CPU processing power, and storage you need to support your blogs, images, videos, and other content types your website contains.
Hosting server considerations
You have different types of website hosting solutions to choose from:
- Shared Hosting
- Dedicated hosting
- VPS (virtual private server)
Though you can go with any of these options, we recommend choosing a hosting provider like ScalaHosting because the company offers Joomla-specific hosting options for optimal website performance.
Bluehost, ScalaHosting, and SiteGround are the best solutions for hosting Joomla websites. All three providers offer top features, maximum uptime, and the fastest website loading times.
All seven picks on our list offer a variety of server locations, top security measures, and affordable pricing plans. Some of them even add one-click Joomla installers.
Test all of them to make an informed decision and choose the best option for your needs.