Crucial Cloudflare Statistics You Should Know in 2023
Cloudflare is one of the most prominent internet security companies. Since its 2009 establishment, it has grown continuously in size and number of users. Cloudflare offers cloud security, domain registration, DDoS mitigation, and a content delivery network.
It’s a big part of the internet. Chances are you’ve used or are using sites powered by Cloudflare. The company’s goal is to improve the internet, and Cloudflare has been successful for a long time. Currently, various global websites and businesses use its services.
Interesting Cloudflare Statistics
- Cloudflare currently powers 14,891,093 live websites.
- Cloudflare has 1,760,448 users in the US.
- 20.5% of all websites use Cloudflare servers.
- 320,000 of the top million sites use Cloudflare servers.
- 1 in 6 websites use Cloudflare CDN.
- 25.2% of top-level domain websites use Cloudflare servers.
Today, this internet giant indirectly affects all internet users, even if they don’t know it. Let’s see some of the most exciting stats about Cloudflare.
Top 20 Cloudflare usage statistics
To show you just how many websites use CloudFlare and how significant and essential Cloudflare is, we’ve gathered 20 most relevant statistics.
1. Cloudflare currently powers 14,891,093 live websites.
Apart from the current number of users, additional 15,869,904 websites have used Cloudflare at some point, demonstrating how many websites use Cloudflare. This shows that the number of users is constantly growing.
2. Cloudflare has 1,760,448 users in the US.
Out of 15 million active Cloudflare websites, 1,760,448 are in the US, putting the country at #1 spot regarding users.
3. 20.5% of all websites use Cloudflare servers.
Cloudflare servers power 20.5% of all websites that disclose their server information, making it one of the most popular services in the world, with over a fifth of websites using Cloudflare servers.
4. 25.2% of top-level domain websites use Cloudflare servers.
Cloudflare servers power 25.2% of websites that use .com as their top-level domain, meaning that over one-fourth of all websites worldwide use this service.
5. Almost 320,000 of the top million sites use Cloudflare servers.
The internet houses many websites, but almost a third (32.9%) of the top 1,000,000 websites use Cloudflare servers.
6. 14.7% of Cloudflare websites run on Unix OS.
Of 20.5% of websites using Cloudflare servers, 14.7% run on Unix OS.
7. 21.6% of Cloudflare websites use Google Analytics.
Websites that use Google Analytics for various actions account for 21.6% or a fifth of Cloudflare-powered sites.
8. Amazon hosts 9.4% of Cloudflare sites.
Of 20.5% of Cloudflare-powered websites, 9.4% are hosted by Amazon. That shows just how versatile and flexible the company is.
9. 28.8% of sites with Facebook social widgets use Cloudflare.
Websites that use Facebook social widgets account for 28.8% of those using Cloudflare servers. Cloudflare servers are popular with sites that use Facebook widgets.
10. 63.5% of Cloudflare Web Analytics users use Twitter.
The Cloudflare Web Analytics tool has many functions, including web traffic analysis. Twitter users who rely on it to analyze traffic account for 63.5% of people.
11. 76.3% of reverse proxy users use Cloudflare.
Websites using reverse proxy services account for 18% of all websites, around 200 million. Out of all those, 76.3% use Cloudflare services.
12. 76.3% of sites with UTF-8 character encoding also use Cloudflare.
Out of all websites that use reverse proxy services and UTF-8 encoding, 76.3% use Cloudflare.
13. 75.7% of the top one million websites with reverse proxies use Cloudflare.
Most websites in the top one million category (75.7%) using reverse proxy services also use Cloudflare.
14. 14.3% of all websites use Cloudflare DNS.
Over 161 million websites worldwide use Cloudflare as a DNS service – 14.3% of all websites.
15. 0.3% of websites use Cloudflare as an email service provider.
Only 0.3% of websites use Cloudflare as an email service provider.
16. 1 in 6 websites use Cloudflare CDN.
Cloudflare is a popular content delivery network service. One in six websites uses Cloudflare content delivery network services as of 2021.
17. 1.1% of all websites use Cloudflare Web Analytics tools.
Cloudflare Web Analytics has a fair share of the market. The Cloudflare Web Analytics tool is a preferred choice of 1.1% of all websites worldwide. That accounts for 1.6% of sites with known traffic analysis tools that use UTF-8 encoding.
18. 3.04% of Cloudflare server sites used Nginx before.
3.04% of websites currently using Cloudflare Server have used Nginx until recently.
19. 1.21% of Cloudflare users switched to Nginx.
Users who have recently switched from Cloudflare Server to Nginx account for 1.21%.
20. Some of the most popular sites in the world use Cloudflare.
Some best-known websites using Cloudflare are Medium, Soundcloud, Apache, Nytimes, Nih, Cloudflare, Mozilla, Vimeo, and Netflix.
Cloudflare has many individual users and prominent companies using its services worldwide, and there aren’t any hints of slowed growth. In just six years, Cloudflare has increased the number of high-paying customers ten times.