10 Essential Google Adsense Statistics Everyone Should Know in 2023
Ads are a big part of the web, and many online publishers make money by displaying ads on their websites. Google Adsense is one of the most popular and effective advertising platforms. It’s entirely free for publishers, while businesses pay to advertise through this platform.
Both advertisers and websites use Google Adsense successfully to boost their revenue, but not all are successful. That’s because you need to find the right fit in terms of product, visuals, advertisement, placement, traffic, and websites.
The advertising landscape is evolving quickly with Adsense, fueled by various trends, changes, and new competition. That’s why we’ve highlighted some essential statistics that can help guide you in the right direction.
Top 10 Google Adsense statistics
Google Adsense is one of the best monetization products the tech giant offers, so let’s look at some of the statistics that prove this.
1. 51,260,096 globally active websites use Google Adsense
The total number of live and historical websites that use or have used Google Adsense is just over
2. 5.07% of all websites that use publisher ad servers use Adsense
Google Adsense also owns 41.76% of shares in the top 10k websites using publisher ad server technologies.
3. Over 2 million websites make money with Adsense
Google reports it distributes over $10 billion in revenue annually to Adsense publishers.
4. 1,894,938 websites in the United States use Google Adsense
The number one country in terms of Google Adsense users is the UK, 1,961,016
websites. Germany is in third place behind the US, with 781,181 websites.
5. 18.73% of the top 1 million websites use Google Adsense
187,342 out of the top 1 million websites use Google Adsense, and the numbers are similar in the top 10k segment (23.29%) and top 100k (22.34%).
6. 489,596 websites using Google Adsense also use WordPress
7. 191,241 websites using Google Adsense also use Shopify
Out of 4,124,801 live Shopify websites, 4.3% use Google Adsense.
8. 290,467 websites using Google Adsense also use Cloudflare
15.7 million websites use Cloudflare, and 1.85% use Google Adsense.
9. 51,600 websites using Google Adsense also use Squarespace
Out of 2.9 million active Squarespace websites, 1.7% use Google Adsense.
10. Some of the largest high-traffic websites in the world use Adsense
Google Adsense is used by:
These numbers show just how popular Google Adsense is and that it’s a viable option for monetizing your website. It’s used by some of the largest websites in the world and allows you to turn your hard work into revenue for free. Try out Google Adsense if you’re looking for a monetization platform.