The Best Online Fax Services in 2023
10 Most Trusted Online Fax Services for Businesses – Free & Paid
Online fax service providers offer the benefits of convenience, ease of use, 24/7 accessibility, and affordability. Top brands in the digital business landscape also provide additional bonuses, such as the ability to send a fax via email or digital tools that streamline online communications.
Since faxing can be a tedious and time-consuming process, modern-day online faxing services can streamline this task and modernize the experience.
With this in mind, we’ve created a comprehensive list of the best online fax service providers for this year.
Top 10 online fax services
Here’s our selection of the most popular online fax service providers.
- Nextiva Great all-in-one solution
- MyFax Straightforward setup
- HelloFax Good value for the price
- eFax One of the most popular options
- Ooma Good phone service & fax bundle
- SRFax Tailored for healthcare practices
- MetroFax All features available with each plan
- iFax Designed for large enterprises
- FaxZero Send a couple of free faxes every day
- Fax.Plus Affordable option
Nextiva — Great all-in-one solution
Nextiva allows users to tap into electronic faxing by sending/receiving secure faxes on any device, regardless of the location.
With Nextiva, you can receive faxes to a preferred destination, receive text alerts of new messages, mitigate security risks, ensure HIPAA compliance, tap into a searchable online support library, and scale fax communications with intuitive routing features.
- 256-bit encryption – protect your sensitive data and eliminate paper clutter in the office by receiving faxes in your inbox.
- Centralized fax management – keep your fax management in one central location and access your faxing files via a secure portal using browser authorization.
- Nextiva vFAX – seamlessly transfer your fax service to Nextiva vFAX to ensure maximum uptime.
- Device compatibility – integrate Nextiva faxing with your existing mobile devices, fax machines, tablets, and desktop computers to save resources.
Nextiva offers three pricing plans for online fax services.
- $7.95 per month
The Essential pricing plan gives you access to the Nextiva online fax service with 500 pages of inbound/outbound faxing per month and access to Nextiva vFAX.
- $13.95 per month
The Professional plan includes all Essential features and extends your online fax service to 1,000 pages per month. Customers that exceed the limit of monthly pages can pay for additional pages (0.03 cents per page).
- Contact sales for pricing
HIPAA Compliant unifies Essential and Professional features and adds the HIPAA-compliant virtual fax service to the mix.
MyFax — Simple and easy setup
MyFax allows you to send faxes using your email address to both online and offline recipients. However, it lacks some basic security features, including digital signatures. Because of this, it’s better to use this online fax service for personal faxing needs and home-office situations and avoid risking the exposure of sensitive corporate data.
- Fax by email – send your faxes via your email provider in a few simple steps.
- Fax online – use the MyFax app to attach multiple fax files and send them to offline and online recipients.
- Fax by phone – send faxes on the go from any location via the MyFax mobile app.
- Online fax storage – keep your online fax messages in one place for instant access to your files.
- Local or toll-free fax numbers – establish your business on a local or national level.
MyFax offers three pricing plans with local and toll-free fax numbers, email-to-fax, mobile apps for Android and iOS, unlimited storage, advanced organization, and more. The only difference between the plans is the number of pages you can send and receive.
Home Office User
- $12 per month
- $10 per month
Send/receive 100 pages.
Small Business User
- $25 per month
- $20.83 per month
Send/receive 300 pages.
- $45 per month
- $37.50 per month
Send/receive 600 pages.
HelloFax — Good value for the price
HelloFax provides excellent value for the price, making it ideal for businesses with small teams looking for online fax services with cloud storage integration.
Users can also access top team collaboration options, such as a built-in editor for easy attachment management. HelloFax charges you for the total amount of sent and received fax pages instead of counting them separately.
- Built-in editor – manage and organize your fax attachments according to your faxing needs.
- Digital signature and form-filling – eliminate manual and repetitive work by automating sending and printing documents.
- Mobile app – send faxes on the go via a fax-by-email method.
- Online interface – tap into your faxing history and receive insights into sent faxes on demand.
- Multiple fax lines – set up as many fax lines as needed and authorize team members with access to fax files to distribute essential information within your organization.
HelloFax offers four pricing plans.
- Free of charge
The free plan allows you to connect one sender to HelloFax, send up to five fax pages, receive international coverage, integrations for Microsoft Word, Google Drive, and Dropbox, fax editing, and secure cloud storage.
- $9.99 per month
- $8.33 per month
In addition to Free features, Home Office allows you to connect five senders to HelloFax, send 300+ pages per month, receive faxes from multiple recipients, and use the email-to-fax service.
- $19.99 per month
- $16.67 per month
Professional combines Free and Home Office features and adds fax number porting ten senders and 500+ fax pages per month to the mix.
- $39.99 per month
- $33.33 per month
Small Business unlocks the full HelloFax service with 20 senders, 1000+ fax pages per month, and all features from other pricing plans.
eFax — One of the most popular options
eFax is perfect for manufacturers, realtors, legal institutions, and business teams looking for effective ways to make their archives more searchable and retain faxes long-term.
eFax automatically saves faxes in the cloud or on your hard drive and allows you to tap into fax targeting. It captures all essential data about your faxes to make your fax archives easier to manage and more retrievable.
- Automatic save to unlimited storage – eliminate manual work by letting eFax automatically save your faxes to the preferred destination.
- History log – create folders to prioritize faxes, stay organized, and make your faxing correspondences more retrievable and searchable.
- Real-time tagging – quickly sift through your faxing history and locate important contacts by searching by keyword, date, or name.
- Mobile app – download, search, forward, and archive your faxes on the go.
eFax offers three pricing plans – Plus, Pro, and Corporate.
All pricing plans include features such as a toll-free/free local number, multiple users, unlimited storage, electronic signatures, fax editing, email-to-fax, multiple recipients, searchable faxes, mobile apps for iOS and Android, and 24/7 customer support.
- $18.99 per month
- $15.83 per month
Plus gives you access to all eFax features and allows you to send/receive 30 fax pages per month.
- $24.99 per month
- $20.83 per month
Pro allows you to send/receive 150 fax pages per month.
- Contact sales for pricing
Corporate unlocks full eFax service with industry-standard security, customizable fax solutions, individualized customer support, API integrations, and flexible page volumes.
Ooma — Good phone service & fax bundle
Ooma allows business users to set up cloud business phone systems with voicemail transcription, call recording, video/web conferencing, call forwarding, virtual assistants, unlimited extensions, and a free online faxing service.
- Virtual fax – add a free virtual fax number to any user’s extension in your company.
- Virtual fax log – assign administrators access to virtual fax logs to make your faxes more organized and searchable.
- Individual virtual fax record – allow your employees to review their personal fax records, send/receive faxes, and more.
- End user portal – save virtual faxes in PDF by forwarding received messages to individual users’ email addresses.
Ooma offers three pricing plans – Essentials, Pro, and Pro Plus.
Essentials offers standard Ooma features, including a mobile app, email audio attachments, digital fax, one toll-free number, music on hold, ring groups, and a virtual assistant.
Pro provides everything in Essentials and adds a desktop app, text messaging, video conferencing, call recording, call blocking, voicemail transcription, and more.
In addition to Pro features, users receive advanced call management, meetings recording, call queuing, and salesforce integration.
SRFax — Tailored for healthcare practices
SRFax is the top online fax service solution for Canadian and US-based healthcare providers. Healthcare practices need HIPAA-compliant (US-based) and PHIPA-compliant (Canada-based) data management services.
- Business Associate Agreement (BAA) – SRFax ensures maximum data security and compliance with legal regulations by signing the BAA agreement with its clients.
- SRFax servers – SRFax offers automated backups, hardware safeguards, app security, user authentication, and 24/7 access authorization to the company’s physical servers to security specialists to improve data security.
- 2048-bit encryption – protect your patient records with military-grade security and end-to-end encryption.
- HIPAA/PHIPA compliance – ensure your healthcare practice meets the latest HIPAA/PHIPA legal regulations.
SRFax offers pricing plans for corporate users and healthcare practitioners. Business user pricing plans include Basic Plus, Standard Lite, and Standard.
- $11.45 per month
- $9.70 per month
Send and receive 200 pages per month and receive additional features, such as unlimited storage, unlimited outbound users, SRFax printer driver access, SRFax API, web application, 50-user outgoing fax scheduling, and more.
- $14.90 per month
- $12.65 per month
Access all of the Basic Plus features, as well as an additional 500 pages per month, password protection, and PGP & SSL encryption.
- $21.80 per month
- $18.50 per month
Access all of the Standard Lite features, as well as an additional 800 pages per month.
Healthcare pricing plans include Healthcare Lite,Healthcare Basic, and Healthcare Basic Plus.
- $12.60 per month
- $10.70 per month
Send and receive 200 pages per month with the Healthcare Lite pricing plan and tap into multiple numbers per account, optional OCR, file downloader, and personalized customer support.
- $16.50 per month
- $13.65 per month
Send and receive 500 pages and access all Lite features, including access to a printer driver, PGP encryption, API integration, number portability, and more.
Healthcare Basic Plus
- $22.95 per month
- $19.50 per month
Access all of the Healthcare Basic features, as well as an additional 800 pages per month.
MetroFax — All features available with each plan
MetroFax is the leading mobile faxing service provider with applications for Android and iOS, perfect for remote business teams.
Aside from mobility, MetroFax provides features such as the ability to send to multiple recipients, contact list importing, automatic resends, and international coverage across 170+ countries.
- Mobile app – manage your online fax needs from one responsive, full-featured, and secure mobile platform.
- Dedicated fax number – port your fax number over MetroFax or receive a reliable company fax number.
- Multiple email addresses – connect up to five email accounts to the same fax number.
- Fax storage – easily store your faxing information in secure storage.
- Fax archive – save, print, and search your fax logs from your tablet or phone.
MetroFax offers three pricing plans. All of these plans include a full suite of features such as an iOS/Android mobile app, multiple recipients support, fax-to-email, numerous file formats, simultaneous faxing, a web-based centralized hub, and automatic retries.
- $11.95 per month
Essential allows you to send and receive 550 fax pages per month.
- $14.95 per month
Best Value gives you access to all MetroFax features and increases your sent/received pool of pages to 1050.
- $37.95 per month
Professional is an excellent solution for big business organizations that need to send thousands of faxes daily. This plan allows users to send and receive 3000 pages monthly.
FaxZero — Send a couple of free faxes every day
FaxZero is perfect for users who need to send a few faxes daily without breaking the budget. FaxZero offers a free online service for sending up to five faxes a day. FaxZero offers an online fax platform with transparent features and easy navigation. Simply fill out the fax form and hit send.
- File attachment – send 3-25 files in one attempt with FaxZero online fax service.
- Multiple formats supported – choose a preferred file format before sending (PDF, DOCX, DOC).
- FaxZero branding – get FaxZero branding on the cover page.
- International faxing – send faxes outside Canada and North America (includes an additional fee).
FaxZero offers two versions of online fax services – Free Fax and Almost Free Fax.
- Free of charge
Free Fax costs nothing and allows you to send five faxes daily. You can attach up to three pages per fax plus the cover page.
Almost Free Fax
- $2.09/fax page
This premium plan allows you to send a maximum of 25 pages per day plus the cover page. You can use their priority delivery service and remove the FaxZero branding from the cover page.
iFax — Designed for large enterprises
iFax caters to the online faxing needs of large enterprises by providing a reliable, secure, and easy-to-use automated platform for iOs, Android, Mac, or PC.
In addition, iFax ensures GLBA and HIPAA compliance and offers industry-standard security features for protecting sensitive business data.
- Broadcast faxing – send faxes to multiple recipients simultaneously.
- Fax automation – automate the storage, sending, and receiving of all faxes in your organization.
- Electronic signature – improve efficiencies for your clients and across your organization.
- Optical character recognition (OCR) – convert scanned paper documents, images, and PDFs into plain text to make fax files easily parsable, editable, and searchable.
- User-friendly API – build your custom-tailored fax solutions and workflows according to your needs.
iFax offers three pricing plans.
- Free of charge
Send up to five pages per month for free.
- $19.99 per month
- $16.67 per month
Receive Basic features, one dedicated fax number, and up to 500 pages per month.
- $30 per month
- $25 per month
Professional offers access to a full suite of features, including fax by email, developer API, Zapier integration, 24/7 customer support, fax processing, team collaboration tools, eSign, 256-bit HIPAA compliance, 1000 pages per month, and more.
Fax.Plus — Affordable option
Fax.Plus is the most affordable option for business users faxing 100 pages per month or less.
Fax.Plus provides access to an online fax platform with easy navigation, built-in electronic signatures, and essentials such as unlimited storage, confirmation reporting, scheduled faxes, and email-to-fax features.
- Corporate admin panel – manage contacts and fax numbers from a centralized platform.
- Fax transmission optimization – optimize files for sending from your mobile device or web browser.
- Email-to-fax – use your existing email address to send and receive faxes.
- Industry-grade compliance – meet CCPA, GDPR, ISO 27001, SOC 2, HIPAA, and other legal regulations.
- Local and toll-free fax numbers – develop an international, national, or local business presence with a real fax number.
Fax.Plus offers four pricing plans as well as the option to use the online fax service for free for up to three months by purchasing any annual plan.
- $8.99 per month
- $6.99 per month
Send and receive 200 pages per month with the Basic plan and access features such as multiple recipients, unlimited storage, a mobile app, one fax number, and email-to-fax.
- $17.99 per month
- $13.99 per month
The Premium plan allows you to send/receive 500 pages per month and use all Basic features.
- $34.99 per month
- $27.99 per month
In addition to Premium features, the Business plan allows you to send/receive 1,000 pages per month and use features such as Slack integration, an admin dashboard, and more.
- $9.99 per month
- $79.99 per month
The Enterprise plan provides Business features and adds unlimited users, Zapier integration, an API, customer support, advanced security, and data residency.
How to choose the best online fax service
Finding the best online fax service depends on your needs and other factors. Since there are so many options listed on the web, choosing the best service isn’t easy.
Thankfully, we’ve narrowed down a few important things to consider when choosing an online fax service.
Sending and receiving volume
Most online fax service providers limit your send/receive options. Some impose monthly limits, while others restrict you to a predetermined pool of pages.
Limits range widely, from only a few pages to up to 20,000 pages, depending on the provider. If you exceed the limit, you’ll face additional per-page fees.
Level of security
Some business sectors require compliance with strict data security and legal regulations and are subject to legal guidelines outlining how business organizations are allowed to transmit, use, and save sensitive information and personal data. We recommend an online fax service with military-grade forms of encryption.
If you need a reliable and secure storage solution with 24/7 access to your files, cloud storage is the best option.
Ease of use
Although modern business owners already possess some level of tech knowledge, many employees don’t have the time to learn how to use new software. Find an online fax service with a user-friendly interface, simple navigation, and transparent features.
Mobile faxing isn’t only convenient but also affordable and efficient. It’s ideal for remote offices that manage employees outside official workspaces. Some brands offer streamlined mobile experiences via free mobile apps.
Best options for different needs
Since we know how hard it is to choose the right solution for your business organization, we’ve selected the best options for different use cases.
If you’re looking for the most affordable, all-encompassing online faxing service with all of the must-have features, Nextiva vFax should be the first option on your radar.
Best mobile app
There aren’t many online fax services with top-grade mobile support. However, MetroFax stands out as the best mobile faxing app for Android and iOs on our list.
Best HIPAA compliance plans
Healthcare practitioners and providers must ensure HIPAA compliance when transmitting personal and sensitive patient information.
You can send a fax online using an e-fax service. Top-grade online faxing service providers offer numerous options for such purposes:
– Fax using email;
– Fax via VoIP;
– MacOS or Windows desktop faxing via software interface or web extension;
– Fax via Google Docs;
– Fax with Microsoft Office; and
– iOS/Android faxing via mobile apps.
You can use an online fax service by subscribing to a trustworthy provider and using their platform to send/receive your faxes.
Online fax services are an innovative way of managing faxing correspondence over the web. Online faxing is available to replace traditional analog faxing solutions.
These services allow you to handle your business and personal faxing needs easily with a smartphone or desktop device and an internet connection.
FaxZero offers a free fax service that allows you to send up to five fax pages daily. The company provides a simple website with easy navigation and transparent instructions. Simply fill out the fax form, attach files, and send your fax.
Online faxing offers various benefits to business users including streamlining your corporate communications. It’s flexible because it doesn’t require additional hardware.
Online faxing is also easily scalable and provides the power of automation to reduce repetitive work and optimize your daily operational efficiency.
Even though the age of digital technologies makes traditional communication almost obsolete, faxing is still an expectation in the corporate world. What used to be a simple telephonic transmission vessel is now an advanced medium that can cope with the ever-increasing demands of the modern-day digital business landscape.
E-faxing offers a flexible, reliable, secure, and practical alternative to obsolete faxing machines and office paper clutter. Instead of wasting office space on mountains of paper, use the advantages of the modern age to integrate online fax services into your email, desktop, and mobile systems.